Summer reading challenge
It’s so easy to take part
● Children sign up to our easy-to-use website and create their own proﬁle at sillysquad.org.uk from 5th June onwards.
● They set their own challenge to read any amount of books during the Challenge, with children being encouraged to read anything that makes them happy – whether it be comics, joke books, poetry, ﬁction or non-ﬁction; in digital or print format; from e-book lending through the public library service or from what they already have at home.
● Each time they ﬁnish a book, they add it to their proﬁle and write a review. They are rewarded with activities and incentives along the way, such as online badges, games and videos.
● Families are encouraged to join in and ‘Get Silly’ with downloadable activities, games, quizzes and more. With new content to enjoy each week, the fun will continue throughout the summer to keep families engaged.
● They receive a downloadable certiﬁcate once they’ve completed their challenge!