Our Pupil Council is a group of pupils who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve our school.
At the start of the academic year, each class will normally elect two representatives to be members of our council.
OUR PUPIL COUNCIL:
- represents the views of all pupils and gets things done.
- is one way of giving our pupils a say in the way our school runs.
- gives our pupils a VOICE in school matters.
- gives pupils an opportunity to talk about their ideas with each other and with stakeholders. (staff, governors, Friends of Wild Bank etc) to help our school to grow and succeed.
- gives pupils a chance to make changes for the better of our school.
- is a forum for discussion.
What have we achieved in the past?
- We have designed new bathrooms
- We have completed a successful Big Lottery Grant to improve our playground.
- We order new equipment for indoor and outdoor play.
- We have been involved in the interview process of staff.
- We have asked for Play Leaders to help at lunchtime.
- We have asked Friends of Wild Bank to host discos and summer fairs.
- We have been involved in designing our school website.
A Pupil Council must be realistic about what we can do and achieve. We acknowledge that there are some things that we cannot change and some things that we need to prioritise or negotiate. This is what makes us a good team.