Wellbeing and Mental Health
Our vision is to develop a school community where children can enjoy a welcoming, secure, happy and healthy environment, where all members can develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-motivation, independence, compassion, tolerance and understanding of others.
At Wild Bank we support the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We have a supportive and caring ethos model of respect and kindness, where each individual is valued.
At our school we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
We promote a mentally healthy environment through:-
- Promoting our school values and encouraging a sense of belonging
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities to participate in decision-making
- Celebrating academic and non-academic achievements
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through taking responsibility for themselves and others
- Providing opportunities to reflect
- Access to appropriate support that meets their needs.·