The designated safeguarding lead is: Mrs. J Callaghan
The designated deputies safeguarding lead are: Mr. T Bolan-Ashworth & Ms. E. Hill
Please contact the safeguarding leads on 0161 303 7404
"We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment."
Every school must have a Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure our school has effective measures in place to safeguard children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well-being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school's work. Having a policy on place ensures that all members of your school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern.
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding.
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse.
- Fully support the school's commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Where the school has concerns regarding the protection of children from any form of abuse we will endeavour to work closely with families and provide support as appropriate. The school may consult with Children’s Social Care for advise on this and where this is the case we will normally inform parents/carers of this. However, in some serious circumstances concerns may be reported to Children’s Social Care without first informing parents/carers. At Wild Bank, we follow the child protection procedures of the Tameside Safeguarding Children Board. The website is available on: https://www.tamesidesafeguardingchildren.org.uk/
Please read our safeguarding policy here: